Friday, January 29, 2010

I think it is best to use dried portabellas for stock and not eating, at least the ones I have.

I finally made a pate brisee. Used the recipe in "Savory Baking". It worked out well. I used half of the batch to make a quiche. It turned out nice. I used skim milk instead of cream to make it lighter (in calories). I will do it again. I used 4 whole eggs to 1 & 1/4 cup skim. It filled my quiche pan perfectly, will have to measure diameter. In the quiche was one crown of blanched broccoli, 1/4 c cooked diced canadian bacon and 4oz grated light havarti. I made the pie crust really thin, by accident really. It seemed to work. I baked it at 300 degree for 45 min.

I wish I would have written this down. I baked up four chicken breasts I had frozen with a marniade. What I remember and what I tasted was: truffle salt, dijon mustard, lemon olive oil, maybe pepper. I thawed it in the fridge, baked on baking sheet, covered chicken with foil at 425 degree till done (used a thermometer). It is extremely good. I just wish I could think of some gourmet uses for baked chicken. Oh well, it works on a salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment